About Creating Connections Australia
- Based in Victoria, Australia, we provide a unique approach to professional development (workshops & seminars), mentoring and private consultation.
- We focus on supporting people with Autism and other neurodiverse needs.
- At Creating Connections Australia we blend professional expertise with authentic lived experience.
- We specialise in Autism Friendly Social Skills training and providing strategies to create supportive and successful environments.
- At Creating Connections Australia we celebrate and embrace uniqueness, and our approaches are neurodiversity friendly!
- We offer our training, services and programs to the public, as well as individualised services to organisations within both private and public sectors.
- Our services have extended across Education, Health, Disability and Community organisations, as well as including families, carers and individuals with neurodiverse needs.
A Wealth of Attributes
- Lived Autistic Experience
- Qualified Educators, Trainers & Assessors
- Autism Consultants
- International Presenters
- Parents of Autistic Children
- Disability & Diversity Friendly
Directors & Program / Workshop Facilitators
Sherri CincottaBEd Grad Cert Dis (Autism Spectrum Disorder) Cert IV TAE
With the wisdom and experience of over 25 years teaching, Sherri’s specialty and passion lies wholeheartedly in Autism education and mentoring. Her approach is extremely practical and ‘down to earth’ and her expertise is sought by professionals, families and community groups alike – a true testament to her comprehensive knowledge and skills. Sherri’s practical insights are drawn not only from her extensive work in Autism but also from her invaluable experience of parenting three children on the Autism Spectrum. Sherri’s post graduate studies (majoring in autism) focused on AAC and also saw her investigate literature and supports relating to social skill development. In recent years, Sherri helped establish and lead an Autism Parent Support group in Northern Victoria (including role of chairperson) as a passionate volunteer, providing positive mentoring for families living with autism. She is a true gem in her advocacy and support of people on the spectrum.
Elissa PlumridgeBBus Grad Dip Ed Cert IV TAE
Combining her skills and competence as a professional educator with her own personal life experiences of living Autism and the parenting of children on the spectrum, Elissa is afforded full credibility as an expert in her field. Her passion is in the ongoing development of programs and supports for people with social, communication and emotional challenges (specifically Autism Spectrum) and her distinctive approach has seen increasing demand on her expertise as a professional consultant and workshop presenter. Having devoted many years to researching and trialling innovative ideas around supporting people of all ages on the spectrum, Elissa is achieving enormous success in the education and mentoring of all who are associated with Autism through the pioneering of unique systems and strategies—particularly in the area of 'Autism Friendly' social skills. Her work is naturally infused with her own insight, compassion and understanding, which comes instinctively through teaching what she lives.
Creating Connections Australia Team Members
Rhoana BalnavesBEd BTeach
Rhoana brings a wealth of experience in education and welfare to her role as consultant. She is also currently studying a Graduate Certificate in Autism and is a true ally to those in the autism community. She is a highly valued team member who is passionate about thinking outside of the box, understanding people for who they are, and supporting people to be the very best they can be.
Lyn WebbCert III Ed Support Cert IV Retail Management
Lyn's extensive experience in office administration and management is invaluable to the day to day 'behind the scenes' running of Creating Connections Australia. Lyn is a proud mother of three children and grandmother of six grandchildren - three of whom have additional support needs, and who Lyn assists through regular contact and care.