CURRENT WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
If the workshop you are interested in isn’t currently listed in our schedule of Events below, please contact us with an Expression of Interest.
Please also contact us if you are interested in hosting an In-House workshop, where we come to you! We will be happy to discuss your individual needs and provide you with an obligation free quote.
- This event has passed.
NEW! The Many Faces of Communication (3hr webinar)
June 10, 2020 @ 9:00 am - June 24, 2020 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0$57
Early Bird Special price of $37 before 25th May 2020
How does a person best communicate with the people around them?
Do they have a system of communication that suits their needs and wants?
Would you like to learn how to provide the perfect communication support?
We’re here to help you enhance your skills in speech and language development, use purposeful communication and provide you with a practical insight into the various choices of communication.
You will learn
- That communication is more than just speaking – it’s as much non-verbal as it is verbal!
- Functional communication – no point wasting time teaching something that serves no purpose
- Non speaking doesn’t mean not understanding – nor does it mean intellectual disability.
- The importance of visual communication even if a person is speaking
- To enhance language development – don’t force speech to happen and miss out on the best opportunities for interaction
- Different types of augmentative communication styles
This workshop meets the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers:
1.5 (Differentiate teaching to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities)
1.6 (Strategies to support full participation of students with disability)
4.1 (Support student participation)