CURRENT WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
If the workshop you are interested in isn’t currently listed in our schedule of Events below, please contact us with an Expression of Interest.
Please also contact us if you are interested in hosting an In-House workshop, where we come to you! We will be happy to discuss your individual needs and provide you with an obligation free quote.
- This event has passed.
Developing Social Skills (3 hr webinar)
March 3 @ 9:00 am - March 17 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0$47
Early Bird price of $37 before Wednesday, 17th Feb
What are SOCIAL SKILLS all about?
Why should Social Skills programs be Autism Friendly?
How can we cater for different social needs?
You will learn:
- Why social skill development is different for everyone
- Reasons for social skill differences—with specific reference to autism
- Why it is important to make social skill learning Autism friendly
- How to use the Creating Connections Australia Autism Friendly Social Skills model
- The value and importance of personal choice in Social Skill learning
- What to do when social interest is limited
- How to decipher what skills to support
- How to use our 7 favourite strategies to support the learning of social skills
- How to incorporate social skill learning into real life situations
- How to build success and wellbeing in those you support with social skill learning
- You’ll hear our personal stories, practical examples, and our own autistic insights!
This webinar meets the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers:
1.5 (Differentiate teaching to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities)
1.6 (Strategies to support full participation of students with disability)
4.1 (Support student participation)